Announcements


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mrs. Phippen's Translation of the Malvolio Letter

Malvolio--This is My Lady Olivia's handwriting! These are the way she  makes her "c"s, her "u"s, and her "t"s and her big "p"s! There's no doubt Olivia wrote this!!

(Andrew asks Toby, "What the HECK is he talking about, her "c"s, her "u"s, and her "t"s and her big "p"s!?"

Fabian replies, "She's convinced him!")

Envelope:
To my secret lover
Sealed with a kiss...

Malvolio--
Only God knows who I love
I've never told anyone
--What if this should be --me-- Malvolio?? (he gets really excited)
I can order my love around, but I must keep my love silent and it's killing me like a knife in my heart! "M-O-A-I" He's controlling my life! 
--Malvolio thinks --What if these letters are the letters are the letters in my name... they are out of order... but I'm going to open the letter and see what's inside! Look! There's handwriting INSIDE the letter!
I hope you find this... Even though I am above you, don't be afraid of me! Some people are born upper class, some people marry upper class, and some people it forced on them. You have me in the palms of your hands... All you have to do is reach out for me. Your destiny  is within your hands, open your heart heart and soul to it.
Be strong stand up to Toby. 
Stand up to the servants. 
Argue your political beliefs with me. I love a good political discussion.
Stand out above the crowd and develop unique traits. Don't be afraid to be yourself. Always be who you are!
Remember those wonderful tight yellow pants you have? The ones with the black stripes(the ones that look like yellow zebras)? You should wear those all the time. Seriously. I love those so much.
If you do all this, you'll have my heart forever, if not... you might as well stay my butler, the leader of the household. 
Farewell, she who is unhappy without you...
Malvolio says-- I will be proud! I will talk about politics! I will be rude to Toby! I will get rid of my rude friends!  I will do EVERYTHING! 
Olivia-- You must know this is from me. If you want me, you will smile at me all the time, and I'll know you know because you're smiling at me...