Announcements


Sunday, April 22, 2012

My All-time Favorite Book (results)

So, what did you say?

  • Many of you *love* action-adventure more than you thought you would. Mystery turned out to be much more of a hit than you thought it would. Surprise!
  • You love books like The Hunger Games and authors like Dan Brown, Suzanne Collins, Janet Evanovich, Mary Higgins Clark, and Clive Cussler.
What do you wish?
  • That you could read faster. This was a universal wish. :) Almost all of you thought you read too slow.
  • Guess what? Reading takes time and effort. Even I think it takes time, sometimes. I like short stories, and I try to read one every night. Sometimes I even read flash fiction, and you know how fast *I* read. 
  • Guess what else? The only way to improve reading speed is to read. Sometimes I think I read slow... and I know I don't. Speed is a perception issue. Fast and slow (rate) is relative. Some times people read slower based on what they are reading. No one reads everything at the same rate.