Announcements


Thursday, September 6, 2012

Write About Your Book

Put your name on this paper.
Put your class period on the paper.
You will write about the book you chose for your book report.

Paragraph 1: Write about the book you chose and it's title and author. 
    • Sample: Clockwork by Elle Strauss is set in the modern world and is about a girl who randomly travels in time.
    • What kind of a book is it? GENRE
    • Who wrote your book? Male/female, age, where are they from?
    • When was it written? Why does that matter?
Paragraph 2: Write about WHY you chose your book.  Sample: I chose to read Clockwork because it was free on my Kindle. It was short, and that is often what I want right before I go to bed.
    • What will happen to the characters?
    • Where is it set or does that matter? SAMPLE:  I know my book is science fiction/fantasy because my character travels randomly in time. That means I expect to learn about 1860 and what happens when the character goes there. I also know that the Civil War starts and impacts the book.
    • What other book do you think this one is like? What might the rules be for this KIND of book?SAMPLE: I know my book is science fiction because they explain how she travels in time, but it's really fantasy because time travel is impossible. This means it's following fantasy rules, which means there is a hero on a quest, and she must save the world (or at least her boyfriend). It's also a bit of a romance, so I know by the end, the RIGHT boy and girl will end up together. There MUST be a HEA in a romance.
  • Paragraph 3: What is your plan?
    • How long will it take to read your book?
    • How many pages will you have to read per night?
    • When is the book report?