Announcements


Thursday, November 8, 2012

Honors English Quote Quiz

Choose ONE quote. Write about it WELL.

  1. page 209: "... The extent to which they revered Danny was obvious to everyone. They clung to him as if he were the reincarnation of the Besht, as though he were their student Tzaddik, so to speak. But none of this made him happy."
  2. page 214 "He had always prepared for his classes, but there was a kind of heaviness to the way he went about it now... as if he were trying to make certain that nothing of significance would go unsaid, as if he felt the future hung on every idea he taught."
  3. page 215 "How many fathers do I have?"
  4. page 217 "I learned a long time ago that a blink of an eye in itself is nothing. But the eye that blinks, that is something. A span of life is nothing, but the man who lives that span, he is something. ... A man must fill his life with meaning, meaning is not automatically given to life."
  5. page 219 "If you become a rabbi."
    "When I become a rabbi, you mean."
    "America needs rabbis."
  6. page 228 "He was trapped by his beard and earlocks, he said, and there was nothing he could do. But one day..."
  7. page 231 "Danny was not to see me, talk to me, listen to me, be found within four feet of me. My father and I had been excommunicated from the Saunders family. ... never would he let his son be the friend of the son of a man who was advocating the establishment of  a secular Jewish state run by Jewish goyim."